ZEE Entertainment donates 45 Ambulances, 12,500 PPE Kits and 80,000 Daily Meals to Tamil Nadu, strengthening its fight against Covid-19
Company also donates 5,000 Face Shields, Surgical Masks & Sanitizers each to the Chennai Police Force
India’s leading Content Company, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (ZEE) today, in line with its national level CSR drive against Covid-19, officially handed over critical healthcare equipment to the state of Tamil Nadu, further strengthening its fight against Covid-19. In the presence of the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Mr. Edappadi K Palaniswami, the first batch of 18 ambulances were handed over to the Tamil Nadu Government. Additionally, ZEE has donated 12,500 PPE Kits, 5,000 Face Shields, Surgical Masks & Sanitizers each, to the state.
The Company will be utilizing the sanctioned CSR budget (for the fight against Covid-19) to provide the following essentials to the state:
• Ambulances – 45 ambulances donated to the state.
• PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Kits – 12,500 kits donated to the state.
• Plastic Face Shields: 5,000 Plastic Face Shields donated to the Chennai Police Force.
• Surgical Face Masks: 5,000 Surgical Face Masks donated to the Chennai Police Force.
• Sanitizers: 5,000 Sanitizers donated to the Chennai Police Force.
Over and above the support towards healthcare relief, ZEE has also partnered with Akshaya Patra Foundation to provide 80,000 daily meals which will support migrants across the city of Chennai for a month.